Detoxing is the act of getting rid of toxins within the body via the usage of a detox cleanse or a toxin remover.
Diets for detoxing are usually not long term and they are short term diets meant to get rid of toxins from the body and get them to be excreted through the urine or sweat.
A normal detox cleanse requires you to fast and then after fasting go on a strict diet of healthy foods like vegetables, fruits, waters, juice and teas. These sorts of additions like herbal supplementation, enemas and edemas can also help reduce the amount of toxins within a person’s body.
The claimed benefits are as follows:
- The liver is stimulated to start getting rid of toxins
- Allow the organs to rest during fasting to promote toxin cleansing
- The body is given good nutrients to rebuild and remodel
- Circulation is improved immensely
- The body’s natural toxin removal systems in the feces, sweat and urine is stimulated.
Here are the most common ways to detox:
There are several different methods for a detox diet, the most common being a long fast followed by a period of eating detox foods for a period to help with the detox process.
The detox diets I’ve done and know of have these characteristics:
- 1-3 day fasts (vist exit-5.net for more info on this)
- After the fast ends, only drinking juices, teas and other healthy liquids.
- Consumption of very specific detox liquids such as lemon water and watermelon juice.
- Removal of foods that contain large amounts of carcinogens, unhealthy materials and toxins.
- Usage of supplements and medicinal pills.
- Avoiding foods with large amounts of allergens such as wheat or honey.
- Constant exercise
- Removing toxins such as alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and excessive carbohydrates from your diet.
- Using edemas and cleansing agents.